Nutty Family

STARTING NEW IN ST. DAVID, ARIZONA.
We moved to St. David in January of 2008. Onto our four acres covered in mesquite trees, we'll call it Nutty Acres for now. Artie has been fortunate enough to be working out of his big shop, here at Nutty Acres since Feb. 2007. Our intention was to move here just after the shop was finished but as you know 2007 was a year full of unexpected events. So in 2008 we are happy to say we are now St. Davidions, or something like that. :)
Living here is much, much better than we ever imagined. We are outside most of the day, planting in our big garden and making new go-cart trails or tree forts. Every once in a while Artie gets some work done.
For Easter Artie's mom, Grandma Melanie, got each of the kids a little red hen. We are having a blast with them. Tyler will hardly leave them be. The other day he had one perched on his shoulder and said "look mom, I'm a pirate!" It was too cute.
So I guess we are on our way to becoming city slickin farmers.

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Garden




So I think Artie has a green thumb. He spent a few weeks in the early part of Spring preparing the ground and putting up a fence for our garden. He planted pumpkins, tomatoes, bell peppers and strawberries. A few weeks later he convinced me that it would not be bad luck if I planted a few things. (I have a track record of turning plants brown) So I planted corn, carrots, and green onion. As a family we planted cucumbers, zucchini, and we had watermelons pop up from last year. Now everything is looking green, so far so good. We are all so excited, there are tons of tomatoes growing and a few zucchini and bell peppers. It is so amazing to put a dryed up, little seed into the dirt and a few months later have big green plants that are producing fruit. Amazing!!!! We love it.

2 comments:

Stevie said...

That is sooo cool!!! I wish I could have a garden. What I would want is herbs!

Robin said...

Hi Stacy! It's Robin Holman. I was so excited to find your blog. I can't believe you live in St. David now! That is so fun, it sounds like you're loving it! Send me an email sometime, I'd love to catch up.
robinjholman@yahoo.com

Snow in St. David

Snow in St. David

Ty taking a rest from working in the garden

Ty taking a rest from working in the garden

Our Sweet Little Girls

Our Sweet Little Girls